Meijer has introduced some additional measures in response to the coronavirus in our communities: limited store hours (which allow time for proper cleaning and restocking) and dedicated shopping times for select groups.
- NEW MEIJER STORE HOURS (8 am – 10 pm)
Beginning Friday, March 20, 2020: Meijer stores will close overnight at 10 p.m. local time and will open each morning at 8 a.m. local time. Meijer is normally open 24 hours a day, so this is a big change that applies to ALL locations.
- NEW MEIJER EXPRESS CONVENIENCE STORE HOURS (gas station)
Meijer Express convenience store locations will close overnight at 10 p.m. and open each morning at 8 a.m.; pay-at-the-pump fuel sales will remain available 24 hours a day.
- DEDICATED SHOPPING TIMES for SENIORS and IMMUNOCOMPROMISED
Meijer stores and pharmacies will provide dedicated shopping times for senior citizens (age 60 and older) and customers with chronic health conditions on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7-8 a.m. local time.
- DEDICATED SHOPPING TIMES for SERVICE WORKERS & MEIJER EMPLOYEES
Meijer stores and pharmacies will provide dedicated shopping times for essential service workers (including medical workers, first responders and law enforcement) and Meijer team members (employees) on Mondays and Wednesdays from 7-8 a.m. local time.
Meijer is asking customers to please respect the dedicated shopping times for these important groups.
“These are unprecedented times that require appropriate action to ensure we are supporting the communities where our customers and team members work and live,” said Rick Keyes, Meijer President, and Chief Executive Officer. “Our adjusted store hours will ensure all of our customers have access to the products they need in the cleanest shopping environment possible.”
OTHER MEIJER STORE CHANGES
- We’ve suspended full-service operations at our meat, seafood and bulk salad stations in stores. This allows our team members to prepare and package items for our self-serve refrigerated cases and ensures products can be made available more quickly.
- Just as we’re following CDC guidelines, we’re asking our customers to do this too. Please practice social distancing while shopping in our stores, and as the CDC states, please stay home if you’re not feeling well. By working together in these ways, we can do our part to help prevent the spread of this virus in our communities.
- Due to increased demand for Home Delivery and Pickup services, we’re adding more pickup and delivery times and appreciate your patience as we work hard to fulfill your orders quickly.