Do you have a new smart thermostat on your wish list this year? Many homeowners purchase the Nest thermostat because it’s advertised everywhere – but did you know that repairmen make a lot of money off the Nest because they’re prone to problems?
Our heating and cooling expert recommends the Emerson Sensi Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat instead. We installed one earlier this year and have been pleased. It works well – and it’s user-friendly!
Some of the reasons we chose this model:
- Made by Emerson, a well-established company
- Wi-Fi enabled (control it from your phone, Amazon Alexa or Google Home device)
- Intuitive – easy to use and install
- Measures temperature, humidity and use and sends a useful monthly email report
- Budget-friendly pricing – and after rebates from energy and gas companies, it pays for itself!
Best of all, it’s the price that makes this household upgrade worthwhile!
TIP: Because we were replacing a rather dated digital thermostat, we also ordered the Emerson Sensi Wall Plate to make sure the wall was covered.