Big news for Meijer shoppers in southeast Michigan: beginning September 15, 2016, Meijer will partner with Shipt to deliver groceries from 25 metro Detroit locations.
How Meijer Delivery Works
- Shoppers will need to load the Shipt app to a mobile device (tablet, smartphone) or visit Shipt.com on their computer and pay for a membership (currently $99 per year with free delivery on orders of $35 or more – or $14 per month). Sign up for Shipt and get $10 in free groceries!
- Use the Shipt app or website to shop from 40,000 Meijer groceries and deli items, along with everyday essentials. Wine, beer and prescriptions filled at Meijer pharmacies are not available. Delivery is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Expect to see a slight up-charge on your items. At this time, mPerks and paper coupons cannot be applied to your order.
- Select your groceries, pay and choose a one-hour delivery window using the Shipt app/platform.
- A Shipt shopper will select and purchase your groceries, then deliver to your home at the time you selected. If the store has run out of the item you selected, your shopper will contact you directly! (A delivery time is available as soon as one hour after your order).
If you’re interested in becoming a Shipt shopper in southeastern Michigan, visit shipt.com/be-a-shopper. Shipt shoppers create their own hours and select orders to fill, lending the job flexibility for those seeking part-time work.
25 Southeast Michigan Meijer stores offering grocery delivery
- Chesterfield Township, 27255 23 Mile Road
- South Rochester Road, 3175 Rochester Road, Rochester Hills
- Rochester Hills, 3610 Marketplace Circle
- Washington Township, 8401 26 Mile Road
- Roseville, 30800 Little Mack Road
- Waterford Meijer, 4200 Highland Road
- Auburn Hills, 800 Brown Road
- Shelby Township, 15055 Hall Road
- Commerce Township, 1703 Haggerty Highway
- Lenox Township, 36865 26 Mile Road
- Fraser, 34835 Utica Road
- Wixom, 49900 Grand River Road
- Royal Oak, 5150 Coolidge Highway
- Madison Heights, 1005 E. 13 Mile Road
- Detroit/Eight Mile, 1301 W. Eight Mile Road
- Grand River, 21431 Grand River Ave., Detroit
- Canton, 45001 Ford Street
- Northville, 20401 Haggerty Road
- Westland, 37201 Warren Road
The service has potential for the elderly and homebound, those recovering from surgery, taking care of sick children, etc.
What do YOU think?