Would you believe me if I said that the Meijer coupon policy has been changed once again? 🙂
Rebecca shared in the comments today that she noticed another revision – most likely this is the result of multiple responses from shoppers seeking clarification and expressing disappointment.
The mPerks digital coupon wording has been changed to make it more clear. Basically, it sounds as if you MIGHT be able to stack mPerks with a paper manufacturer coupon – but you’ll need to read the terms and conditions on each mPerks coupon to make sure it’s not restricted. You may remember that mPerks digital coupons for specific General Mills products in the past had those restrictions (and I never stacked them in matchups for that reason). This appears to be no different.
Of course, this policy seems to be fluctuating quite a bit so you’ll want to try to keep up with the changes!
Coupon Acceptance at Meijer Stores
Meijer accepts manufacturer, Catalina manufacturer, Meijer, Catalina Meijer, mPerks, internet, and competitor coupons within certain guidelines.
- Coupons must be presented on or before the expiration date
- All coupon terms and conditions must be met and validated by the checkout register
- Customers may use one manufacturer coupon (paper or digital) per item.
- Customers may also combine one manufacturer coupon per item with applicable Meijer coupon(s) where allowed under coupon redemption terms.
- Transactions cannot be broken up to avoid coupon stacking restrictions
- Separate checklanes will not be opened or designated for customers with large coupon orders
- Manufacturer coupons and Catalina manufacturer coupons require the Customer to pay sales tax on the full retail amount
- Meijer, Catalina Meijer, and competitor coupons require the Customer to pay sales tax only on the discounted price
- Meijer will accept coupons from major competitors in each store’s trading area, for Grocery and or for Health and Beauty Care items
- Meijer will accept coupons from major competitors in each store’s trading area for General Merchandise items only if the competitor’s price point is included. The item must be the identical item on the coupon for the match to occur.
- Meijer does not accept competitor coupons for beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes, double and triple coupons, clearance, percent off, total trans- action discounts, special promotions, gift card promotions, limited quantity items, mail-in rebate offers, and going out of business sales
- Meijer reserves the right to limit coupon quantities and to determine the order of application of multiple coupons and/or promotions
Some clarification received from Meijer corporate via email:
Please understand that not all of our old information has been updated to the new information. We are still in the process of updating our many sources.
Transactions cannot be broken up to avoid coupon stacking restrictions applies to the doubling of coupons since there is usually a maximum of 2 identical items that can be subject to coupon doubling.
Meijer will accept coupons from major competitors in each store’s trading area with trading area referring to the local shopping area of a store — or city area. In other words, we won’t take competitor coupons for the identical item from a Walmart in Beverly Hills for example.