There’s something light and fun about lemon pasta, yet still remarkably comforting. The white wine in this dish gives it a depth that mimics restaurant quality. Serve with Better than Olive Garden Breadsticks and salad for an amazing meal that won’t weigh you down! Best of all, you’re likely to have most of these ingredients waiting in your pantry!
[print-me title=”Print This Recipe”]
Lemon Pasta with Chicken
- 1 box pasta (12-16 oz)
- 1-2 cups cooked chicken pieces
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Begin by boiling one box of pasta (long noodles or bowties work well).
- In a large measuring cup, combine liquid ingredients, herbs and seasonings and mix well.
- Drain pasta and add cooked chicken and lemon “sauce.” Stir to combine.
- If time allows, pour pasta, sauce and chicken into a 9×13″ pan and cover with foil. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes until warmed through. (If you’re in a hurry, leave the pasta mixture in your pan and heat on medium-low for a few minutes while stirring to heat).
- I like to use a can of chicken broth (2 cups) and prepare 2 batches of sauce in separate measuring cups. I use one to prepare the meal and freeze the extra sauce in a quart freezer bag to save on prep time later. On a busy night, I can cook pasta, warm frozen diced chicken and thaw the extra sauce – it’s an easy recipe to throw together!
- Aldi’s Winking Owl brand white wine is an affordable option (around $3/bottle) that works well in this dish!