Bargains to Bounty readers have been discovering – and loving – ibotta savings for the past week or two. If you have a tablet or smartphone (Android or iPhone), have you tried it out yet? The $5 bonus will end in just a few days, so now is a great time to sign up.
Limited Time Offer: Join now, redeem your first offer, get a $5 bonus!
When you sign up here with their share the love program (available through Friday, January 10 at noon EST only), you’ll earn a $5 bonus when you redeem your first offer (Offer must be redeemed before January 17)!
How to get started earning with ibotta
- Click here and start your account first, then download the app to your device (iPad, iPod, iPhone or Android Smartphone or tablets).
- Before shopping, claim offers and load them to your account. (You’ll need to answer survey questions and watch videos, depending on the product). If you like the offer and think you’ll use it, claim it – otherwise it could disappear.
- Shop at participating stores. (Kroger, Meijer, Target, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid and Walgreens all currently supported stores; more are available for other areas, with more coming soon!)
- Take a photo of your receipt using your device. Your purchase will be verified and account credited within 24 hours.
- Get paid. Redeem your rewards for CASH (via PayPal) or donate it to any school in the U.S.
How to customize your ibotta offers
Q: Why don’t I have all the ibotta rewards offers listed in the matchups?
A: Ibotta offers are customized to the user according to the offers you’ve already redeemed or claimed. To see more offers for items you’ll use, click on the PHOTO of the item to rate it with a thumbs up or thumbs down.
When you Thumbs Down an offer, ibotta will swap it out for a new one more quickly. When you Thumbs Up an offer, ibotta will send you similar offers in the future. The more you share your preferences, the smarter ibotta gets!
Since we don’t have pets, I made sure to thumbs-down any offers for pet treats and toys. The next day I had more new offers I could use.
If you’ve tried ibotta, what did you think?