Recipe: Just Like Buttermilk Pancakes (freezer-friendly)

Just Like Buttermilk Pancakes

These pancakes are near-perfect and my family’s all time favorite. I often mix a double batch of 50-60 pancakes for dinner, then freeze the extras for hectic mornings. The cinnamon and banana add a subtle layer of taste, but if they’re not favorite flavors with your crew, you can always leave them out. Our diet requires these to be non-dairy (using soy milk and soy margarine) and lower in fat (with egg whites in place of egg yolks), but you can use traditional ingredients if you’d like!

ENJOY! And    for later!

Comments

Colleen says

Can you freeze the “Just Add Water” mixes the same way? Not a very big “make from scratch” person.

I would guess that you can. Since I’ve made these, I can’t eat the boxed mix anymore – it’s just not as good. :)

Tammi says

OMG! I just made these for dinner (2 eggs, 2% milk, no cinnamon or bananas) They are phenomenal! No more boxed mix for me! Thanks for sharing:)

YAY! Nice and fluffy, right?! :) Glad you liked them! They’re also good with chocolate chips, blueberries, etc. I forgot to say that! :)

Nini says

I just made these for my family (three boys and my hubby) this morning!! I made two batches using skim milk- The first one I added big chunks of banana, chopped walnuts and chocolate chips. The second with blueberries. Wow!! I knew homemade would be better, but this was phenomenal!! Thank you for sharing this recipe!

I’m glad you liked it! Just not the same as from a box, is it?! :) And best of all, you know exactly what’s in it!