Kroger Ad Matchups: November 28 – December 4, 2011

This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy. 47 comments

These Kroger deal matchups have been created using the Kroger store ad for the Metro Detroit area, where coupons double up to $0.50 (limit 3 identical coupons per order). I’ve listed only what I consider to be the best deals for your money this week.

LAST POST UPDATE: Sunday, November 27 at 5:00 p.m. EST

Note to Bloggers: I would love for you to feature portions of this post on your blog. Please select FIVE of your favorite deals to share and include a linkback to the original post (see example). If you have questions, please contact me.

Kroger: GROCERY

$0.99 Luna Bar (regular price)
-$0.50/1 Luna Bar printable coupon
FREE after coupon

$0.89 Bumblebee Tuna, 5 oz can (regular price)
-$1.00/2 Bumblebee printable coupon (Recyclebank)
$0.39 each when you buy 2 with coupon (FREE if your Kroger store doubles to $1)
Recipe: Cheesy Salsa Tuna Burgers

$0.99 Nestle Nesquik Powder, pouch (regular price)
-$0.60/1 Nesquik coupon (from 10-16 SS, exp 1-15)
$0.39 after coupon (FREE if your store doubles to $1)

$1.09 Zone Perfect Bar (regular price)
-$0.55/1 Zone Perfect coupon (from 11-6 SS, exp 12-31)
$0.54 after coupon (FREE if your store doubles to $1)

$0.91 Nissin Big Cup Noodles (through 12-18)
-$1.00/3 Nissin coupon (from 11-6 SS)
$0.58 each when you buy 3 with coupon ($0.24 ea if your store doubles to $1)

$1.67 Mt. Olive Pickles, select varieties (through 2-5)
-$0.50/1 Mt. Olive coupon (from 11-13 SS, exp 12-24)
$0.67 after coupon

$0.69 Chicken of the Sea Chunk Light Tuna, 5 oz can

$0.69 Powerade or Powerade Zero, 32 oz

$0.88 Big K Soft Drinks, 2 liters (plus deposit)

$2.99 Kashi Cereal (through 12-4)
-$2.00/1 Kashi printable coupon (Recyclebank) or $1.00/1 Kashi printable coupon
$0.99-$1.99 after coupon

$1.99 Old Orchard Healthy Balance Juice, 64 oz (through 1-29)
-$0.50/1 Old Orchard printable coupon or $1.00/2 Healthy Balance printable coupon
$0.99-$1.49 after coupon

$1.00 Kroger Tortilla Chips or Hulless Corn Puff Poppers, 5-10 oz

$1.00 Kroger Buns or Bread

$1.99 Frito Lay Natural Snacks, 8-9 oz

$2.50 Doritos or Ruffles Chips

$4.29 El Monterey Snacks, 21-24 oz frozen
-$0.75/1 El Monterey coupon (from 8-14 or 10-16 SS)
$3.54 after coupon ($2.79 if your store doubles to $1)

Kroger: DAIRY

$0.60 Yoplait Yogurt, 4-6 oz cup (excludes Greek)
-$1.00/10 Yoplait coupon (from 11-13 GM) or $0.40/6 coupon (from 10-2 or 11-13 GM or printable) or $0.50/8 printable coupon
$0.47-$0.50 each after coupon

$1.50 Heluva Good Dip (through 1-1)
-$0.50/1 Heluva Good printable coupon
$0.50 after coupon

$1.00 Kroger Medium Eggs, dozen
Recipe: Egg Casserole

$1.99 Kroger Cottage Cheese, Sour Cream or Dip, 24 oz

$2.49 Kroger Gallon Milk, includes chocolate

$2.50 Simple Truth Organic Milk, half gallon

Kroger: MEAT

$0.89/lb Perdue Whole Chicken

$1.99/lb Tyson Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

B1G1 Boneless English Roast (save up to $4.99/lb)

$6.99/lb T-Bone or Porterhouse Steaks

$1.00 Seafood Snackers, 3 oz (through 1-29)
-$1.00/2 Seafood Snackers printable coupon
$0.50 each when you buy 2 with coupon (FREE if your store doubles to $1)

$1.39 Tennessee Pride Sausage Gravy (through 12-4)
-$0.55/1 Tennessee Pride coupon (from 11-13 RP or Kroger digital coupon)
$0.84 after coupon ($0.29 if your store doubles to $1)

$1.67 Eckrich Franks or Bologna, 16 oz (excludes beef/cheese)

Kroger: PRODUCE

$1.00 Blackberries, 6 oz
$1.00 Avocado, each
$1.00/lb Pears
$1.25 Red, Yellow or Orange Sweet Bell Peppers
$1.29/lb Ruben Apples
$1.48/lb Organic Gala Apples
$1.50 Aunt Mid’s Spinach, 10 oz bag
$2.50 Organic Celery Hearts, 2 ct
$2.99 Honeycrisp Apples, 3 lb bag
$3.99 Clementines, 3 lb bag
$5.88 Clementines, 5 lb box

Kroger: HEALTH & BEAUTY + PAPER

$1.05 Reach Floss (regular price)
-$1.00/1 Reach coupon (from 4-17 SS)
$0.05 after coupon – great charity donation!
Bonus (through Dec 4): Buy 2 Reach Floss in one transaction, get a $1.00 checkout coupon valid on your next order. Buy 3, get $2.00; buy 4 or more, get $3.00.

$1.09 Carefree Liners, 20 ct (regular price)
-$0.50/1 Carefree coupon (from 11-6 SS)
$0.09 after coupon

$0.89 Blistex Lip Balm (regular price)
-$0.25/1 Blistex coupon (from 11-13 SS)
$0.39 after coupon

$1.09 Carmex Lip Balm (regular price)
-$0.30/1 Carmex Lip printable coupon
$0.49 after coupon

$1.00 Luden’s Cough Drops (through 2-26)
-$1.00/2 Luden’s coupon (from 11-13 SS)
$0.50 each when you buy 2 with coupon (FREE if your store doubles to $1)

$1.00 Kroger Kids Flossups, 30 ct (through 12-4)

$1.05 Kroger Hand Sanitizer, 8 oz (through 2-26; reg $2.49)

$2.50 Ziploc Containers, 1-5 ct
-$1.50/2 Ziploc coupon (from 11-13 SS)
$1.75 each when you buy 2 with coupon

$2.99 Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent, 55-62.5 oz
-$1.00/2 Arm & Hammer Laundry coupon (from 10-16 SS)
$2.49 each when you buy 2 with coupon ($1.99 ea if your store doubles to $1)

$5.99 Quilted Northern Bath Tissue, 12 double rolls
-$1.00/1 Kroger digital coupon (limit 1 use)
$4.99 after coupon

Get 4 times the Kroger Fuel Points when you purchase select gift cards (Kroger cards and prepaid credit cards are excluded). Valid November 20-December 11.

Kroger: DOUBLE COUPONS to $1 STORE DEALS

The following matchups are good deals for those who shop a store that doubles coupons to $1 (select stores in Saginaw and Genessee counties along with the Howell location – view a full list here or a map of stores here).

$1.49 Kandoo Soap (through 12-18)
$1.99 Kandoo Sanitizer
(through 12-18)
-$1.00/1 Kandoo coupon (from 8-21 SS or request coupon by mail)
FREE if your store doubles to $1

$2.19 Duncan Hines Amazing Glazes (through 1-8)
-$1.00/1 Amazing Glazes printable coupon (while it lasts)
$1.19 after coupon ($0.19 if your store doubles to $1)

$1.99 Martha White Coffee Cake Mix (through 1-8)
-$0.55/1 Martha White coupon (from 11-13 RP)
$0.89 if your store doubles to $1
_____________________________________________

* Macomb area Kroger stores currently double coupons up to $0.50. However, only 3 manufacturer’s coupons will be doubled per like items purchased.

View this week’s complete Kroger Ad.

Kroger Catalina Promotions

Unless otherwise stated, all Catalina offers are limited to one per transaction. Read more about what to do if your Catalina coupon doesn’t print as expected.

Buy 2 Reach Floss in one transaction, get a $1.00 checkout coupon valid on your next order. Buy 3, get $2.00; buy 4 or more, get $3.00. (11/11-12/4)

Have you received a Catalina advertisement at a Kroger register? Please share in the comments!

KROGER COUPON POLICY

You can now view the Kroger coupon policy for Michigan online.
Please that Kroger’s coupon policy clearly states in each store ad: Limit 3 Manufacturer’s Coupons will be Doubled (up to $0.50) per Like Items Purchased.

You WILL need a Kroger card to take advantage of these offers; sign up for one at the Customer Service desk if you do not have one!

NOTE on Printable Coupons: Some Kroger stores have been denying the redemption of any printable coupon over $1, so proceed with caution when using printable coupons. You can view/print the Kroger Print-at-Home Coupon Acceptance Policy here, which does not specifically restrict the use of printables over $1.

KROGER SHOPPING TIPS

SELECT Kroger stores outside of Macomb (some stores in Saginaw and Genessee counties along with the Howell location – view a full list here or a map of stores here) will double manufacturer’s coupons up to $1.00! This can mean a great savings (and some potential free items each week). If your travels happen to take you north, check the Kroger ad (search by zip code) for the areas you’re passing through. You just might want to pack your coupons, too!

Load digital coupons to your Kroger card before you shop: visit Cellfire, P&G eSaver, Shortcuts and Kroger Digital Coupons. Each website lists the e-coupons that can be loaded onto your Kroger Card so that you can save even more! E-coupons are limited to one use per card and will NOT double. Kroger digital coupons may NOT be combined with actual paper manufacturer coupons.

This post is a proud part of Be Centsable’s Grocery Gathering.

Comments

Couponoholic says:

Very slim pickings lately from Kroger. Used to be a favorite store but haven’t been there in months. Anyone else experiencing this?

So glad to hear others feel the same way. My best deals at Kroger lately have been manager’s specials that I’ve stumbled upon in the store. I just like to be able to plan my trips ahead of time rather than spend hours meandering through the store hoping to find the unadvertised deals! I never thought I’d suggest to someone that 50 cents is a good deal for toothpaste these days – got it for free for so long!

coupon guy says:

yes, same here. both the kroger and “drugstore” deals seemed to evaporate around the same time that “couponing” show became popular on TLC.

I agree with you. I was just thinking I haven’t doen a deal at Walgreen’s or Rite Aid in many months… last year I had tubs full of freebies I had gotten. Part of it is that I am just too busy, but also the deals just aren’t there. Really disappointing…starting to wonder, what with Dollar Tree and Aldi if it is even worth it to coupon anymore.

Agree! Pretty soon there won’t be any deals to write a show about

coupon guy says:

my hunch is once this “extreme couponing” show goes away (and we all pray it shall) that the deals will slowly return. sadly this show has the industry thinking they’re being “had” by couponers and the evaporation of most deals is the result.

Well, Kroger should have the same restrictions (double up to 3 cpns) out west, not just put restrictions on the customers on the east coast.

I havent been shopping @ krogers as much, but u cant beat their gas prices and the fuel point advertisement on gift cards. I did snag an unadvertised deal:

The chobani little champions greek yogurt 4 pack is on sale 2/$5 ( reg. $3.49 each). There is a coupon on the chobani site for $1 off one.

I haven’t been shopping at Kroger that much either. I have been finding better deals at the Meijer store lately.

does anyone know if the buy $25 in p&g products is still going on?

There used to be a print button at the bottem of each page, where has it gone. I can’t print my grocery list without it. Thanks for your help, Gina

This is no longer available Gina. It was causing Josyln’s blog to do funny things. A good alternative is to copy and paste the items that you wish to buy. The nice thing with this is that you can get rid of the excess, shrink the font size, etc. I have a few pages in my coupon binder for each store and I just take out the required coupons and place them in the baseball cards, and then no printing required. Just do what works best for you Gina. Happy Shopping.

Shelley J. says:

I am finding this week to be a little disappointing too but this is not uncommon with such good deals over the last couple of weeks. I find that their is still a lot of really good deals out there at the grocery stores and at the drugstores, but you have to get the lost leaders while they are available ‘each week’. Also, it is important to know your prices and to know the resources to use to get the deals.

For instance, I have never seen so many free items at CVS Thursday-Saturday :) Also, the sale that just started on Sunday, I got 5 bottles Tide for $5.00 (WOW)! It is a lot about combining the many different options to get the maximum savings. Free contact solution after EB at CVS this week. Or yesterday at Rite Aid, I got St. Joseph Aspirin, 2 Febreze Noticeables, 2 Theraflu, 2 Hershey’s Kisses bags, Oral B-Cross Action Powere Toothbrush for under 2.00 after Up’s, coupons and rebates. Or the Venus Breeze Razor (.99), Scunci Elastics (free), Crest 3D toothpaste (free) at Walgreens. The time you put into couponing is what you will get out of it. The deals are still out there, good luck :)

What scenario did you use to get the St Joseph etc deal. I have tried sitting down and trying to figure it out and am having a hard time. Thank You

Shelley J. says:

Hey Lisa, sorry for the late response but here goes. It is on page 20 at least in our Rite Aid ad. You pay 4.99 and the Up is 4.00, and then I used the $1.00/1 coupon from the August issue of the All You Magazine if you get it. There is also a couple of $1.00/1 coupons out there too but they seem to be regional. Final Cost Free, good luck!!

Shelly J….how did you get 5 bottles of Tide for $5 at CVS?? I didn’t see anything in the ad. Thanks!

Shelley J. says:

Hi Jennifer, the Tide is on the front page of the CVS ad and is on sale for 5.94. Buy 5, use 5/$2.00 coupons, use $5/25.00 CVS coupon, and then receive a free 10.00 gift card when you spend $30.00 on specially marked items. Unfortunately the Tide coupons expired on the 31st. It is often not about the price of the item but rather putting everything together to score big!! That was just too crazy to pay $4.70 plus tax for 5 jugs of ‘Tide’. I hope I have answered your question. I am surprised when so many say that the deals are just not out there. It is about knowing your prices and knowing how to put the deals together, and learning all the extra tricks from an experienced person.

Be sure that you are on their email list to receive the CVS coupons. I used another CVS coupon a few weeks back to score an Oral-B Vitality Rechargeable Toothbrush with 1 handle, 2 replacement heads, 1 charger for FREE !! I believe that they are either $39.00 or $49.00 regular price .. I remember this oh so clearly because of a guy at Walgreens paying full price for this exact toothbrush and I had a $10.00 coupon that I gave him. I was crinching at the thought of him paying full price, lol. I took advantage of the sale for the exact same toothbrush at CVS the week of November 13th for $24.99, extrabucks $10.00 minus $5.00/25.00 coupon, minus $10.00 manufacturer coupon.

Shelley J. says:

In regards to the Tide, even if you did not have the CVS coupon, it would still have only been $1.94 plus tax per jug which is still a very good price, especially for someone who only uses Tide and is very brand loyal. I tend to buy a variety of laundry detergents but always staying under the $2.00 price point.

Shelley J. says:

If any of you still have the Publix manufacturer coupons left, many of the items are ‘free’ at a store that doubles up to $1.00. For instance, Capri Sun, Kraft Velveeta boxes, etc.

Shelley J. says:

Does anyone know of a place that accepts donations of medications, cough drops, glucometers, etc.? I am feeling a little frustrated in regards to this and I do not want to see the items expire. I am satisfied with our local food bank and with our local animal shelter, but this is the my big question, besides giving it to family and friends. Thanks :)

Shelley what about seeing if a nursing home would be able to use those items. It is too bad hospitals wouldn’t accept donations to be used for patients without insurance. Then they wouldn’t have to pay $3 for a bandaid. Just a thought….anyway I would call some nursing homes or assisted living places.

CHURCHES! I know my old church used to host a couple day/night event where they let homeless come there and get some essentials, clean up in the bathrooms, even nurses did some care. try a local church…

Shelley J. says:

Thanks everyone for the great ideas !! My intent is not to sell the items, but to see them go to someone who really could use them and just do not have the means to purchase them. I made a few calls several months back and really got no where.

There is a place in Lapeer that has a free health clinic and gives out free meds. The name is Loving Hands 810 667-8933

Shelley J. says:

Thanks again to everyone and thanks mocorbin for another great suggestion. I am so glad that I posted my question. I will now be able to go through my medications, cough drops, etc. and have a place to go with them.

Hi Shelley,

If you are near Davisburg, there is a small local charity called Neighbor for Neighbor. Most weeks they have 60+ people come through to pick up food, clothing, and other misc items. They are *thrilled* to accept anything you can get through couponing. I’ve taken them over the counter medications quite often. If this works for you, let me know and I can get you more information.

How perfect, let me check into exactly where Davisburg is and get back to you. We live in Oxford and with only living in Michigan for two years .. I still here names of towns that I do not know there where abouts.

If you blink, you will miss Davisburg. It is roughly between Clarkston and Holly.

Shelley J. says:

Hey Kit, that certainly would work and not too far from us. Would you be able to give me a few more details, etc. Maybe a phone number!?

Hi Shelley,

Their website: http://www.neighborforneighbor.net/ Their hours are fairly limited. If they don’t work for you, let me know and we can work something out.

If you aren’t already having Kroger donate to a charity, Neighbor for Neighbor is on their list.

Kroger = Y A W N !! I’m going to Meijer instead this week.

Shelley – try some of the homeless shelters, womens shelters. Call DHS and see if they know where you could donate it.

Received this catalina yesteday at Kroger: Buy Duracell Batteries -spend $10-$19.99, get $2 OYNO, spend $20 or more get $4 OYNO valid 11/28-12/25. It also prints a $1/1 coupon on the end of the print out.

The 16-ct. Energizer AA or AAA batteries are $9.97 this week. There are $1 off coupons from a previous Sunday coupon flier. I got a printout from Kroger at checkout that says to enter 3 codes from Energizer packages online in the National Park Foundation promotion and get $10 back. Using 3 coupons, the batteries would be 5.57 per 16-ct. pack after the $10 rebate.

Kroger is having a sale on Nestle Chocolate Chips- $2.29 for 10-12 oz. There is a .50/2 coupon here: http://www.verybestbaking.com/Toll-House/Coupons-Promotions.aspx (after you sign up), making them $1.79 each.

Just went to the Howell Kroger and they will only double 3 same coupons per day per person. They were doing per transaction but due to the show they are having to many people cleaning off their shelves!

I went to the Howell store and found out that the $1.00 off two Oral B tooth brushes does not double…(it expired yesterday) The manager said if it doesn’t double they will not force it. She also told me the Garnier Fructis coupon does the same now. They do not say “do not double” but that doesn’t matter anymore I guess. The Crest tooth paste still doubled though. Just an FYI for future shopping trips!

I did my first shopping trip there a couple weeks back, i had called before i went and that is what they told me so i took 2 of my nephews. So since i had 3 people we were able to do 3 transactions with all the same items. So if you have someone you can take with you it works out.

lunar bar coupon is gone

My Kroger in Ann Arbor had Degree deodorant for $1.88 plus a -0.50 coupon on my plus card. Not too bad.

So many of coupons expired last night at midnight. However, I notice there are a lot of coupons in the Sunday paper after the end of a month. Sunday’s paper should be loaded, hopefully!

Trackbacks

1. […] out Bargains to Bounty for this week ad Kroger Ad Preview and Coupon match up. Jolyn does a great job of matching up the […]

2. […] are your Kroger Columbus deals for this week thanks to Bargains to Bounty.  Make sure to load up your Cellfire coupons onto your Kroger […]

3. […] always, thank you to the wonderful Jolyn at Bargains to Bounty  for letting me borrow from her Kroger Matchups. If you’d like to see the matchups in their […]