Another of my favorite easy quick breads, this one uses pantry ingredients that I always have on hand. Super soft and not overly sweet, it also freezes well (just wrap in plastic and place in a freezer bag). I’ll have to add a picture next time, since the 2 loaves I baked this week have already disappeared!
CHOCOLATE QUICK BREAD
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 3 ½ cups unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Stir dry ingredients together in large bowl.
- Whisk wet ingredients together by hand in a separate bowl. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients with a few strokes of a spoon until well blended.
- Pour batter into two 9×5″ loaf pans coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 60-75 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on racks.
This bread freezes well. After loaves have cooled, wrap in plastic wrap and seal in a freezer bag.