Do you have any Nesquik in your pantry after the recent Meijer sale? Emily shared this tried-and-true recipe for a quick bread your kids will LOVE!
[print-me title=”Print This Recipe”]
CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter
5 eggs, separated
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup milk chocolate chips
2 1/2 cups flour
3 tbsp Chocolate Nesquik powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup buttermilk*
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla extract, mix together.
- Add chocolate chips, Nesquik, baking soda and baking powder. Mix well.
- Mix in buttermilk. Add flour 1 cup at a time, mixing after each cup.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form, then fold egg whites into batter.
- Pour into 3 foil pans or 2 regular loaf pans. Bake for 50 minutes for foil pans or 55-60 minutes for regular loaf. (The chocolate chips do tend to sink to the bottom of the loaf, so don’t be surprised).
*Note: If you don’t have buttermilk, combine 1 Tbsp vinegar (or lemon juice or apple cider vinegar) with 1 cup milk and stir well. Allow the milk to sour for a few minutes and mix well before using.
Don’t forget that quick breads freeze well! Wrap in plastic wrap and seal in a freezer bag.